This is a blog about Rachel's travels in France during the summer of 2011.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Avignon

Bonjour!

Yesterday I went on an unexpected trip to Avignon. I went to breakfast yesterday and talked to Shanon, the TA of my Travel Photo class and she told me about the trip that her and my professor might be taking to Avignon. I of course wanted to go with them and managed to snag one of the few seats on the minivan for the trip to Avignon. The main purpose of the trip was to go to a museum that had a collection of the work of Cy Twombly and his favorite photographs. I was really excited because there was an entire room dedicated to the work of the photographer Jacques Henri Lartigue who is one of my favorite photographers. the exhibit was really awesome because about 20 or so of his photos were shown as stereoscopes, which is just two images that were taken right next to each other using a dual lensed camera and displayed through glasses right next to each other. The whole process makes the image appear 3-D, bit not in a cheesy movie sort of way. It made it feel like you could really step into the image. After the museum we only had and hour and a half for lunch and shopping, so we went really fast. Eventually Meghan and I decided that we simply didn't have enough time and we decided to go back and stay in Avignon next weekend. That will be the weekend before finals, so I have to get everything done this week. That includes writing a 6 page paper, writing all of the text for my Art History journal, and finishing my Reading response paper. Super fun!

Au Revoir!


No comments:

Post a Comment