This is a blog about Rachel's travels in France during the summer of 2011.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Roussillon

Bonjour!

Today I went on my last field trip in my Art History class :( We went to the ochre quarry in Roussillon. It was really incredible. All of the earth was a gradient of red, orange, and yellow tones. Are the colors were so intense and were contrasted to the Christmas green of the pine trees. It felt like I literally stepped into a Cezanne painting. So boss. I have more respect for Cezanne now, who I formerly hated. I always thought that he altered what he saw and combined really weird colors together, but now I realize that he was just painting what he saw. After we went to walk around the tiny town of Roussillon. Our first stop was of course to the nearest bakery to get delicious warm baguettes. next we stopped in a grocery store in hopes of finding peanut butter. I saw really excited when I spotted a Capri-Sun for sale! I was even more excited when I tasted it and it was soooooo much more delicious that American Capri-Sun. I don't know how they do it. the town was pretty average, at least average for a tiny Medieval village in the south of France. After lunch I accidentally took a 3 hour nap. It was blissful. I don't know what the rest of the day holds, but it should be awesome!

Au Revoir!



3 comments:

  1. We should import French Capri Sun when you come home! Love you, glad to hear your experiences are so boss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the comparison photos. A three hour nap??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude, we should import french capri sun! is that possible?

    ReplyDelete