This is a blog about Rachel's travels in France during the summer of 2011.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Deux Châteaux

Bonjour!

Today was another double field trip day, and coincidentally both field trips were to Chateaus. The first field trip was to the Chateau of Lourmarin. The fully restored chateau was beautiful, especially the gardens in the front. Our tour guide told us that over the summer they bring in art students to live and work in the chateau. All I have to say is that I chose the wrong small French Provencal town to live in, because those rooms were beautiful and huge. When we returned to Lacoste for lunch we had the very first major rain of the year, which included lightning and power shortages, but the clouds were so fantastic. In my travel photo class we traveled to the town of Fontain de Vecluse, which  had already toured. Instead of going the typical tourist route and traveling back to the spring, Adelle, Meaghan, and I decided to climb up the mountain to the Chateau which was completely in ruins. The chateau was the ideal location for any Romanticist artist and had a fantastic view of the surrounding valley and mountains. It was kind of fantastic. After diner we had our Paris orientation meeting! I can't believe that we leave for Paris on Monday; I am so excited!!I cannot wait to spend more than 2 hours in the Louvre (what I had last time) and I'm super pumped to see Versailles for the first time. Another thing that I'm really excited about is seeing the final Harry Potter movie! I cannot wait!!

Au Revoir

3 comments:

  1. be sure to rent bikes in the versailles gardens! so happy that you are experiencing these things, can't wait to talk when you get back :]]]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photo. And such good French!! (Deux chateaux) Sounds like a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be sure to do that susanna! How long did you spend there?

    ReplyDelete