This is a blog about Rachel's travels in France during the summer of 2011.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Temptation of Eve

Bonjour!

 So, I've been slacking this weekend concerning my blog and I haven't posted in a couple days. We'll continue with Saturday. On Saturday morning we had the weekly trip to Apt market. My main goal of the trip was to get hair dye from the grocery store since I have been itching for a change in color. I wanted to go bright red, but since we were in such a small town, the best I could find was a reddish-brown. After working at the SCAD boutique, my fabulous roommate, Meghan, dyed my hair. It was the best smelling hair dye I have ever used, it smelled like apricots, a very popular fruit in France. That night Pierre Cardin was having another installment in his summer performance series. this time it was a ballet called The Temptation of Eve. It was a very unusual ballet, starting with the fact that it was a one woman play...Here is a small exerpt from a review of the ballet, "One of the most talented dancers of our time, Marie- Claude Pietragalla is back in ‘Eve’s Temptation’, a ballet about the history of women over the centuries exploring the female condition and its symbols. " Also a video summation of the performance. I don't know where Pierre gets these people.

After the ballet we joined the rest of the town for the 2nd night of the summer festival. Last night, instead of a DJ was a band. It was cool to have live music, but it definitely was not as easy to dance to as the dace music of the night before. Once the rappers came on stage we decided we had had enough and decided to go to bed. I hope the party tonight is a really excellent end to he weekend.

Au Revoir

No comments:

Post a Comment