This is a blog about Rachel's travels in France during the summer of 2011.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Vernissage

Bonjour Reader and Friend,

Today was fairly uneventful (compared to yesterday). The big event of the day was the Vernissage which is like a Gallery Opening. The artists Johnathan Yorger, who painted the infamous SCAD dog, and Teresita Fernandez, an instillation artist from Florida, both had simultaneous openings with a reception. The day started though with to lectures given by each artist followed by some photo editing on my part and then at 6:00 the big Vernissage began. After, we were all invited to another reception in the Chateau de Sade, hosted by the current owner Pierre Cardin. At this event I did what Liesel wanted all those years ago in The sound of Music and I tasted my first champagne, and I have to say that I'm not a big fan so far... The night was capped of by an excellent viewing of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's Passport to Paris, which was necessary to do before our eminent visit to Paris in two weeks!

Au Revoir

2 comments: