This is a blog about Rachel's travels in France during the summer of 2011.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Paris Day 3: Museums

Bonjour,

Today started off with Notre Dame. We had seen the outside yesterday, but today we went inside and waited 2 hours to go to the top. I have walked up so many spiral staircase steps while in Paris, that I'll be glad never to see another spiral staircase again! But I can say that I have never fallen down a spiral staircase, which is kind of a huge deal. After Notre Dame we went to the Modern Art Museum ( the Pompidou Centre) because it was mandatory :( After our necessary 10 minute tour we left for lunch. After lunch we went to L'Orangerie Museum which contains Monet's massive Water Lilies paintings. The paintings were soo fantastic and I got a poster of one of them to go in my new apartment in Savannah! We walked through the Tulieries Gardens to the Louvre. We were sooo tired and only saw the first and second floors, but we will be returning tomorrow! Hopefully my feet feel good by then. WE wnt to a nice french restaurant for dinner and I got veal with onions in a delicious white wine sauce with rice and creme brule for dessert! It was sooo delicious! After dinner we went to the Shakespeare & Co restorer, which is a famous American bookstore that's only a five minute walk from our hotel! Now to bed. Versailles tomorrow!!!


Au Revoir

No comments:

Post a Comment