This is a blog about Rachel's travels in France during the summer of 2011.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Working

It's been a couple of days since I last posted because the past couple days have been pretty relaxed and mostly filled with work, both homework and RA work. Yesterday was exciting, it was Sarah Lester's 21st birthday and to celebrate we got up really early and traveled to some nearby lavender fields to see the sunrise. It was quite fabulous and I got some great shots! (even though the above shot was taken by the fabulous Steve Moraco) Today I am working at the SCAD boutique in Lacoste alone for the first time. I've been surprised that everybody who has come in so far has been English speakers. There was even a couple from Atlanta that came in; what a coincidence. This weekend there is also special visitors who have come to see the Lacoste campus including Chris Benz, an American fashion designer who was a mentor to SCAD's senior fashion students this past year, and Margherita Miossoni, the model, socialite, and heir to the Italian based fashion house, Missoni. I have yet to spot Margherita, but I'll have to see her inevitably since Lacoste is such a tiny town. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day as well. the big event of the day is the Lacoste campus' Sidewalk Arts Festival, which I am both working at and participating in. I have decided to draw a mastercopy of Van Gogh's The Starry Night since it was created only four hours from where I currently am living. I hope it turns out well.

Au Revoir

No comments:

Post a Comment